Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Kid with the puzzle....

An messy room...no much light around except for that sunset ray going through the small slit just beside that wooden window covered by the dark red curtain....

The room was messed up with toys....lots of them, cars, dolls, airplanes...I couldn't even guess if that was a boy or a girl's room....

There was a large lamp in the middle of the ceiling, but it wasn't lit...

A little kid whom I couldn't recognize his/her face...I couldn't even decide if it's a boy or a girl....but I could see he's a child...a weak one...

The child seemed very busy...he was trying to re-order some pieces of a puzzle, to form a picture which seemed like he lost the guide to it...he didn't have another photo of the puzzle to imitate, and there was no one around to help...I stood at the door watching silently so I won't disturb...

I was very surprised...how can a kid leave all that toys and stick to a puzzle...kids don't usually love puzzles...they love adventures...or what they call adventures...

It was also strange that he didn't use the lights just above him...yet I wasn't very surprised...kids don't usually do right things and look for things to guide....only grown ups do.

I kept watching for sometime, then I decided to get closer...the child noticed me..I got closer and sat beside him...I could now see his face clearly...yet I am sure he didn't see himself as clear as I did, A mirror is never as clear as human eye is...

I asked him what does the picture he was trying to form looks like....

He answered that he didn't know...

So I wondered why was wasting his time doing this...

He said: I noticed that my eye was on one of those pieces...so I was sure I am in the picture...

I asked surprisingly how he 's that sure that this was his eye..

He said...no one knows my look better than I do....no one has that determined eye except me...

I was surprised...those can never be the words of a little kid...yet, I watched silently...

He started with the eye he believe it was his....and then tried to form his face...it was really him...maybe that time, he didn't need a mirror....he proved that a person can see himself without mirrors...a heart's eye is much clearer than a human eye...

He continued working on the puzzle.....he formed the whole him...that took him the longest time, no sooner he completed that part he was done with the whole picture...

It looked very sweet, the sky was deep blue, the clouds were foamy...and he was standing up still...raising his head up high...much taller than he actually was....and looked much stronger...

It's not about how human eyes see us...it's about how our hearts' eyes see ourselves...that's how we'll finish up our puzzles.....

I left silently...but I was proud of the kid...who taught me much in those few minutes....

Ah...I realized that he didn't need the guiding picture...nor the lamp in the ceiling.....Sometimes Kids do things better than grown ups do....

0 comments: