Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

I am a bee...



A new year...A new beginning...that's how I always thought...although those years don't usually end safely...I'm a beginnings person, I love changes and turns, yet...I am not an "ends" one at all...even when I am totally sure that a new beginning is heading on the way...

Putting my head back on the floor....looking to the ceiling...or maybe watching the lamp as I always claimed (that's one my favorite moments....I never get bored from watching the lamp :D Maybe the lamp represented hope, or maybe it's just one of a psycho's rituals...I advise you not to think much about such things :D)....I turned my eyes to see my desktop background that I've just changed this morning so see a photo I've taken about 8 months ago...two bees were standing still over two white daisies, and the greens filling the blurry background. The photo was so bright that I felt sun rays coming out of the screen...

I am not a fan of animals, insects or even flowers....but that scene always inspires me....it was my first time to feel how many things we have in common with those bees...

A bee is free....goes here and there, whenever and wherever she loves to, she's attracted to beautiful flowers, those with strong scents or colorful petals...but a bee doesn't go anywhere randomly, wherever it goes, it knows what it should be leaving with...it knows what's her job clearly, never does more, never does less...

A bee is punctual...Never saw a bee flying at night to check a flower...they know when they shall work, every bee knows its "shift"...

Maybe they don't look nice, maybe they're called "insects", maybe they're tiny, and maybe they seem week...yet, they've always proved: Never judge by looks...

Whenever they're heading for a flower....they leave all others around...even if they are more colorful...they don't look at the "blurry" back ground even if there are brighter colors...they focus, go on and never look back.

A bee is a good team player, I've been watching bees for many days when I went for macro photo walks, never saw a bee quarreling with another as we've always seen in animals and human beings...it's surprising...insects don't bother themselves with harming others as "higher" creatures do.

It used to surprise me...how determined those creatures are, whenever you try to put them back away from their way that they are moving on, they insist on going (I've always considered them one of the nastiest creatures ever.."3'elseen")...and if they felt that you're going to defeat them, they defend themselves even if they'd lose their lives for their belief in what they're heading to....

I love being a human being, that's a blessing I should Thank Allah for...However I am considering myself a kind of a bee too.

Any bees around?

2 comments:

Radwa Shoukry said...

Marwa...I do like this article a lot...I want to tell you that I consider myself a bee too...I like bees a lot since my childhood (If you know a story called zenzen :D)
They represent for me a lot of beautiful meanings and I respect those creatures.

I am attached to them more since a bee was the icon or theme of ABC'10.

Marwa Morgan said...

Thanks a lot :):)